Join us for the SAGES luncheon on November 12 in Page Hall. We start gathering at 11:00 and eat at 11:30. You can eat lunch for $4 and there will be entertainment as well. Call Jeanne Matt at 602-216-9844 if you plan on coming or if you need a ride. Don’t miss out on this time of fellowship.
All-Church Thanksgiving Dinner
Join us in Page Hall, November 24 at 5:00 pm. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls will be provided by the Hospitality Committee. If your last name begins with Q-Z please bring a dessert and if it begins with A-P bring a salad or vegetable.
We are being very specific about what we are requesting because we can only take so much, and we also want it to be in the right form to make it easy for us to distribute. In November we are collecting Vitamins. (No gummy vitamins.) There is a specific list in the October Plumbline. You can bring your donations to the patio on the weekend.
Work Day at the Church
November 16 from 8 am to Noon–Followed by a fellowship lunch
We have seven projects planned for the morning and we need your help. Questions on what’s involved? Call Brent Upson, at 602-550-9935, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast Out Bunch
Wednesday, November 20 at 9:00 am. Come for Breakfast at IHOP just west of 19th Ave. on Northern. To be sure there are enough spaces please call Anita Shipley at 602-595-0448 to make a reservation. Bring a friend.
Orangewood PW November Meeting
Saturday, November 23 at 9:30 am we will gather in Page Hall for a meeting with refreshments, followed by a trip to the WHEAT office at 1400 N. 7th Street. We will learn more of the mission WHEAT supports.
Arts and Crafts Festival
Christmas Arts & Crafts Festival Saturday, November 16, from 9 am to 2 pm at Westminster Church 4735 N 19th Ave. Get a start on Christmas shopping or if you are an artist and would like to reserve a spot the church office, 602-274-2122.
Our Busy Fall Patio
November begins our very busy season on the patio, the time when we find “angel” children on a tree, the time for recycled paper beads from Uganda, the time for selecting the perfect Heifer International animal as an alternative gift for someone. Here’s the line-up for this year:
· Angel Tree
* November 17 tree will be on the patio with tags showing desired gifts
* November 24 2nd week for tree and beginning of bringing in gifts
* December 1 all gifts must be received at the church
* December 4 wrap gifts at the first Advent Service Event
· Bead for Life
* November 17, 24 and December 1
· Heifer International
* `December 1, 8, 15, and 22
Donations for Mission
Tis the Season…to bring things you might otherwise throw away to be used for GOOD!
· Please bring your plastic bags (to make mats for the homeless),
· your empty, medicine bottles (they will be filled with vitamins or shampoo for Honduras)
· Christmas cards and note cards (for notes of encouragement to Eloy Detainees)
· your reusable bags (for people who only have what they can carry)
· your travel shampoos and lotions for ICM
· blankets (to comfort the homeless)